Goals + Visions for 2017
Some of you may have seen my Instagrams about vision boarding and intention setting for the new year, or maybe my post yesterday about my 2016 reflections.
Even if you haven’t, you probably know that I take new years, intention setting & clean slates really seriously in the best kind of way — I love & often deeply crave a fresh start: not because I think my whole entire life will change in a day, but because I love any excuse to re-dedicate myself to everything that matters to me and to constantly re-evaluate my direction to make sure it’s in line with my true essence and goals.
Tomorrow I will be posting a “Best Of” post with all of my bests of 2016 — books, songs, blog posts, photos, trips, restaurants, words of wisdom, creative ideas, people, decisions, and more.
I can’t wait to share that!
& for today, here are my goals & visions //
1. Meditate daily with the new mantras I have picked up from The Universe Has Your Back, from my teachers, and from the mantras I have worked to create that fit my goals + life in all of the right ways.
2. Remain sugar-free as often as possible (preferably 99% of the time!). You’ll notice “as often as possible” is loose because I don’t want to feel like crap if I fall off the wagon with this one every so often! I chose this goal carefully not because I want to restrict or have food rules, but because my life is ABUNDANTLY better without the presence of sugar (especially unnatural sugar, but very limited natural sugars as well). My body feels so much better, inflammation is reduced, I have more energy, and I am happier and more in control without it. So this is a serious goal that I feel ready for, finally, after the long eating disorder recovery road to regain control + balance.
3. Teach yoga at one or more of my dream studios by the end of the year. Going into the new year teaching at SoCal Hot Yoga & Ceremony Meditation in Venice is already a DREAM come true, and I have to pinch myself every so often to recognize that I created this path for myself. Lots of diligent hours, lots of re-dedication to my practice, lots of opening up fears and blockages from the “what if I’m not good enough” voices in the back of my mind. By the end of the year, I would love to be teaching at one or more of my dream studios… the studios I’ve been going to for years and practicing at with teachers I’ve looked up to forever. #GOALS for real!
Photo by Renee Choi
4. Manage my time efficiently and get more gone in shorter pockets of time, so I have more leisure time + me time. This one is huge. I am about to start reading The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss, and I truly think that the LESS hours I spend physically working, the MORE hours I will be able to spend creatively + mentally working. I really, really look forward to my new teaching schedule to help me use my blogging time more efficiently — for 2.5 years I’ve had NO structure other than structure I try to create myself, so I think this will be a beautiful new chapter and schedule for me.
5. Read 2 spiritual or business books per month. Most of the books I read are either spiritual, business-related or super fun fiction. I dove back into reading during my Panchakarma this year, and I am so grateful for the wisdom I have been taking in from so many greats. I want to soak in all the knowledge I can, and really give myself the time to slow down and enjoy the process of reading and applying the teachings to my own life. That will mean getting in bed earlier and giving myself more breaks during the day and on the weekends, too!
6. Allow happiness to come from within, not from outer circumstances. I truly believe that happiness we create on our own is ours forever, while happiness we take in from outer circumstances is fleeting. I want to be in control of my own happiness, balance and stability — and I have worked on that a lot this year, so I definitely want to enhance and enrich that ability and focus in the new year.
Photo also by Renee Choi 🙂
7. Place energy with those who deserve it, and conserve energy from those who don’t. PEOPLE are such a huge part of my life, and I don’t want to continue to let work or “being busy” or having too much on my plate get in the way of truly spending quality time with the people I love most. I also really need to conserve my energy from those who suck it out of me and don’t reciprocate love and respect — no more of that. Never been more done with that.
8. Create LESS goals and FINISH THEM accordingly. I am done “biting off more than I can chew.” It’s time to set attainable goals and cross them off my list. Finishing something is better than doing something perfectly, so dropping the perfectionism will help tremendously.
9. Write my next book (I even know the name already… eek!) and pursue all sorts of things that will help that book be the best it can be. Ultimate goal, as writing more books is definitely what I see for my future and cannot wait to keep manifesting the vision within this book.
10. Yoga every day, and run or HIIT twice a week. Moving my body is incredibly important to my wellbeing (I am so freakishly sensitive about it!!) and this nice, lower intensity routine is what I am craving most right now — maybe by the end of the year it will be switched up again!
11. Meal prep at home with farmer’s market food, and stick closely to the Bulletproof diet because it makes me feel awesome. Cooking for myself makes my bod feel it’s absolute best and I love how nourishing home-prepped, home-cooked meals are for the soul.
12. LOTS of self-care! And probably another Panchakarma in the books. 😉
13. Start vlogging consistently. YESSSS, YouTube I am coming back for you!
14. Keep my space super organized, and get rid of things I no longer need. Beyond important… my head = just as jumbled as my space when I don’t keep it neat.
15. Journal daily & practice daily gratitude. Especially in the morning, along with my beginning of day digital detox.
16. Harbor no anger and let go of resentments. NOT worth it.
Those are my main goals + visions for the new year! I have a lot more professional goals that I didn’t list because, well, I am keeping them to myself for now but I would love to hear your thoughts and YOUR goals and visions for the new year!! XO