20 Things You May Not Know About Me
Hi guys! Wow, what a month. Can you believe it’s already the day after Thanksgiving? I can’t. I also can’t believe (but I can) that it’s been almost a MONTH since I’ve written a blog post.
Blogging is still one of my favorite ways to connect with you guys since writing is my bread & butter, but I have been having so much fun on the podcast, writing SPIRIT JUICE, doing all of the wellness-y & spiritual research for my next book, and just living in the moment and being present. It doesn’t always leave time (well time yes, energy not so much) to blog the way I want to, but that is changing soon.
Because REAL TALK… I am getting some help so that I can balance it all and still blog at leeeeast a few times a week because that’s what feels right to me & it’s what I want.
If you’ve been reading the blog for a while, then you know I am all about the LIST posts, so I thought what better way to inspire myself to blog today than to write a list? 20 things you probably don’t know about me… coming right up!
P.S. I am offering 50% on my SOUL ON FIRE YOGA EBOOK this weekend with the code “soultribe” at checkout. Hop on it and flow to your heart’s content, my angels.
20 Things About Me //
1. Depending on the day, I can be very extroverted or very introverted. I am one of those zero to a hundred people. I am either making plans all day long and feeling like a bundle of energy, or in bed reading a book with my phone turned off and no desire to even respond to a text message. I used to wish I was more “balanced” between the two, but I now embrace both sides of myself wholeheartedly. I think I get the best of both worlds from my sociable side and surrounding myself with lots of amazing souls, and from my reserved side where I get a lot of down time to draw inward, create, and be alone with my thoughts. I’ve learned that I NEED both in order to be happy and to function optimally (or at all!).
2. Over the years I have become very passionate about body love and learning to love myself EXACTLY as I am, but only recently have I really started practicing loving myself in every way, shape and form in the way that we all deserve. One of the things that has been the most transformative is looking in the mirror and repeating, “You are beautiful. You are perfect. You are so more than enough. I love you, endlessly and effortlessly, exactly as you are.” I mean repeating it a LOT. It works more wonders than you will know, and I have now been able to replace the negative thoughts I had on loop about myself with positive, loving, transformational thoughts. (The same things I would say to a friend — so I am treating my body like my own best friend, and it feels amazing and so empowering.)
3. I could easily eat breakfast for every meal of the day. I also love eggs SO MUCH even though I recently learned I have a mild allergy to them. Of course, that only makes me want them even more… same with coffee!! If you also experience the coffee allergy, check out my faves at Four Sigmatic and use the code BLONDE for 15% off. Mushroom coffee is where it’s at, and its the top projected food trend of 2018… just sayin’.
4. On the subject of food, ever since I wrote my memoir Breaking Vegan many people who don’t know me assume I am a full-blown carnivore. Quite the contrary, I am largely plant-based a HUGE majority of the time. I just don’t ascribe to the labels anymore, which has been incredibly freeing for me personally. Whenever someone lashes out at me for eating animals, I giggle to myself about the fact that people on the Internet pretty much never, ever have any idea what they are talking about. But I do believe label-free is the way to be, which is why leaving that “vegan” label was the healthiest choice I ever made for my personal body.
5. Finding my spiritual side has enhanced my life in every way. I was raised Jewish although we were never very religious. This year, I have discovered my own self prayer through meditation, kundalini, reiki, breath work, mediumship, automatic writing, and so much more. I live for the moments I am so deep in meditation that I can access my subconscious as if its my conscious mind. That happened yesterday in yoga and it was SO COOL — I was able to relive all of my dreams from the night before! It’s such a fun new form of exploration for me and I can’t wait to write more about it.
6. Speaking of spiritual life, I did my first Past Life Regression Therapy a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing. I will write about it in full soon, but I got to see two different past lives of mine and also saw earlier in this lifetime. I saw that my current dad has been my dad for many lifetimes, which makes me feel even closer to him. I also saw that I was a well-known female fiction writer about 150 years ago in Europe, and that was the coolest thing ever. I was able to access my subconscious and learn that part of my purpose in this lifetime is to continue writing fiction… amazingly cool since I have always loved it but haven’t done much of it in the last few years. I was also a female human who looked very much the way I look now in both previous lifetimes I saw, even though I was really crossing my fingers I was going to be see an alien lifetime! LOL #notkidding.
6. I am the youngest of four and I am the baby in every way. I am one of those people who you meet and say, “Oh, I bet you’re the baby of your family.” People say it to me ALL the time. Not in a bad way… but some things are just obvious with certain personality traits! I like when people guess correctly about those kinds of things… it makes the world feel smaller and more connected in my opinion.
7. Similarly, when I am traveling to a different state or country people always know that I am from California. Even last week in Arizona an older man at J’s Iron Man said to me, “Oh, you MUST be from what’s that place!?!? Where all the girls are blonde and sound just like you?! Ohhhh yeah, Orange County.” I used to be slightly offended because I didn’t want to have such an obviously valley girl voice, but now I embrace it. I am a California girl, born and raised. There is no reason to deny who we are, and I unbiasedly think California is the best — we have the ocean, the mountains, the country, the city… so many gems.
8. Before I started dating Jonathan, I was in a slew of extremely unhealthy relationships. Starting in high school (maybe even middle school) I jumped from one unhealthy relationship to the next. I dated guys who didn’t want to be with me, drug addicts (and recovering drug addicts), a guy who cheated on me right in front of me, and many others who sucked my soul and my belief that I deserved anything more than consistent heartbreak. I truly believe we are all meant to have a specific series of experiences that lead us up to meeting the person of our dreams, so that we can appreciate them and everything about them wholeheartedly.
9. That said, I have recently learned about the differences between “soul mates” and “twin flames.” I always called Jonathan by soul mate but now it is 100% clear to me that we are twin flames. I read about the differences in Material Girl, Mystical World which I HIGHLY recommend, and you can also read about the two here. If you’re in a relationship, it’s fun to read up & see which one you feel best represents you and your partner. 🙂
10. I am very obsessed with music. I used to be so confused about why I would have such emotional reactions to certain songs or artists, why I seriously would not be able to turn off songs/albums that I loved and would play them hundreds and hundreds of times… and I have now realized it’s one of the ways my soul spiritually connects to the world. If you want to stalk me on Spotify, here is my profile. Warning: I listen to the same things over and over a LOT!! Mainly Trevor Hall, Eminem, & John Mayer… to name a few. 😉
11. I have had a really hard time in recent years about feeling like my energy is being “taken from” me. I am sure everyone relates in some way or another, and especially people who have a public platform like a blog, podcast, or social media following. I have had a lot of friendships begin that quickly (or not so quickly) turned out to be more of a using situation where I realized I was consistently being asked to share something, promote someone, or connect them to someone else. Sometimes it’s so obvious I can now see it from ten million miles away, but other times it’s still very subtle. Regardless, I think we are all in charge of our own energy and the most valuable thing I’ve learned this year (from the AMAZING Shaman Durek on the podcast), is that we all have infinite love to give.
12. Because of that notion that we all have infinite love to give, I have had an easier time lately accepting that mostly everyone means well. And if a person means well, then I have love to give them. If I sense that they don’t mean well or that our relationship is one-sided, I simply won’t share or give my love freely. That not only makes me feel more protected and energized, but it makes me feel in my power because I don’t see it necessary to always do things for other people. It’s hard because I am very much a people pleaser, I’ve always wanted everyone to “like me,” and these days I feel… we just can’t be everyone’s cup of tea. It’s better that way, because then the people we do connect closely with are so special and so meant to be in our lives.
13. In the same vein, I have no tolerance for low vibe, surface-level, energy sucking relationships. There are too many amazing people and things to focus on in this world — there is no reason to spend time with people who make us feel less than 1,000% appreciated and seen.
14. When I close my eyes I see the color bright purple in the middle of my third eye — I’ve been told that is the color for MEDIUMS. I have even been able to translate a couple of conversations from people who have passed on to their loved ones… it’s trippy. And so fun. And I am in the midst of learning more so I can share more about that with you guys!
15. My parents are two of my favorite people in the whole entire universe. They are also two of the most selfless, funny, genuine, kind and generous human beings on this earth. My mom also has an amazing fashion blog, and she is singlehandedly the reason why I only wear yoga clothes these days because she dressed me my whole life so I don’t really have a clue when it comes to fashion!! lol.
16. Next year I will be leading a couple of retreats (yay!!!). One is in Palm Springs that I am co-leading with the amazing reiki master Kelsey Patel, and you can get tickets & more info here. That one is almost sold out, so if you want to come — get your spot a.s.a.p! The second will be in Kauai in June (most likely) so stay tuned for info about that… I absolutely cannot wait.
17. When I really think about it, I know that the life I have now was completely a result of my manifestation process. When I am having a difficult day or had time, I remember: this is the life I wanted and called in for myself! How beautiful and how lucky. Of course things are not perfect and I always want to grow, evolve, shift, change and build upon this life — but remembering that my life now is the life I dreamed of years ago… that is a powerful feeling. I am working on giving myself CREDIT for all that I have built and created. In the past I was quick to dismiss my accomplishments out of wanting to appear and feel humble… but I no longer believe that is the best way to be. I think being proud of ourselves and owning who we are and where we’ve come is HUGE and only allows expansion for further manifestation, power, soulful connections and growth.
18. Being an aunt to my nieces and nephew is one of my favorite things in the whole entire world, and same with being a cat mama. I can’t even imagine how I will feel about my human children one day… I am going to love on them so hard I won’t even know what to do with myself!
19. Hudson is the first animal I’ve ever had (unless you count the fish I had as a kid), and he has taught me so much about myself, taking care of a little creature, putting someone else first, slowing down, breathing, what really matters, and so much more.
20. When I’m at home, I’m surrounded by at least 10 crystals. In my bra, on my chest, in my hands, under my pillow, surrounding my computer, inside of my books… you name it, they’re there. I love crystal energy and I love programming them each for something specific. Next year I am taking an in-depth astrology course and I cannot waaaaaait to connect my crystals with the stars, moon and moon phases even more than I already have!
Would love to learn more about you! I love that you guys are here reading, and if you enjoyed this I would love to know so that I can make SUREEEE to blog more and keep sharing from the heart on this platform. Tell me a few things about you either here in the comments or on my latest Instagram post so that I can follow you back and support you in return!! X