Oriya Organics Superfood Green Smoothie
I vowed to myself I would have a green smoothie or a green juice for breakfast every morning this week. Reason being… I got a little heavy-handed with the oatmeal and granola last week and over the weekend. Nothing makes me feel better than starting my day with a healthy green smoothie (or juice. Should I just say
green liquid? No, that sounds kinda gross), so it is something I have generally found I should stick to whenever possible.
Plus, green smoothies are delicious! It’s not like by drinking my breakfast I am missing out on anything too exciting. I am not one of those people who needs to chew to feel full and satisfied, especially knowing that lunch is right around the corner and I will chew my crunchy salad to my heart’s desire.
In this smoothie I used something super tasty and extra healthy: Oriya Organic Superfood powder. In fact, I used two! I used their Superfood Protein Medley, which consists of sprouted chia seeds, spirulina, sprouted rice protein, hemp protein and chlorella. I also used their SuperGreen Medley consisting of spirulina, chlorella, wheat grass and barley grass. Can you say protein kick?!
I have fallen in love with these superfood powders over the last few weeks. They add a really yummy, subtle taste to my smoothies and they give me the boost that I need to start my day and kick butt in my workouts.
And guess what I like about this brand the most? There are no fillers, artificial ingredients, sweeteners, preservatives or synthetic nutrients. That, my friends, is the type of protein powder you should be looking for. Not those sugary, fake, GMO, preservative-heavy nonsensical powders you see on the shelves at the grocery store. (For more grocery store questions, check out my handy dandy Grocery List.)
The only bad thing about this smoothie was how sad I was when it was gone.
Visit OriyaOrganics.com to get your hands on these yummy powders!
1 very ripe banana
½ cup blueberries
1 cup kale
½ cup coconut water
½ cup water
3 large pieces of ice
½ scoop Oriya Organics SuperGreen Medley
½ scoop Oriya Organics Superfood Protein Medley
1. Add all ingredients together in a blender and blend thoroughly. Easy peasy!
P.S. Exciting things on the horizon:
1. The Blonde Vegan 5-day Cleanse Program releases in THREE DAYS!
2. I go home for the holidays tomorrow! I cannot wait to see my family and friends and squeeze my little nieces. Oh, and be in weather where I don’t have to bundle up ten times over to step foot outside.
3. The yoga section of the blog is coming along and will be up and running very soon.
4. I am creating a workout section of the blog that will detail my exercises and give tips and ideas for exercise routines.
5. I will be filming a yoga video and some instructional smoothie videos when I am home, so keep an eye out for those!
6. I got to go to the Juice Press Innovation Meeting & taste testing last night at their Headquarters here in NYC, and I will be posting about it very soon. So much delicious food, and so inspiring to be surrounded by such influential people in the health world.
7. Healthy holiday cocktails will be up on the blog next week – ohhh yeah!
8. Larabar giveaway on the blog!
9. Interview with the super inspirational Max Goldberg of LixingMaxwell.com.
10. Kid-friendly vegan snacks!